World Book Day | Getting to be a storybook character

Saturday, March 05, 2016



As you may be aware on Thursday, it was world book day. I used to love world book day as a kid. I just remember the excitement of exchanging my book token with a free book. As a child, I absolutely loved reading - so you can only imagine how exciting this experience was for me. Damn, they were the good old days. Who else used to get all excited when they knew they would be able to pick out a free book? Or was it just me..?

Now that I am older, I don't tend to read as much but I do miss spending some time snuggled up with a good book. I think I might have to take a trip to my local library to see if I can find a nice book to read. If you have any recommendations then please leave them in the comments section.

If you guys didn’t already know, as part of my course at college I have to undertake some experience at a nusery. I absolutely love working with children! They are literally the cutest and sweetest beings ever, well most of them are lol. During my placement, I had to dress up as a character for world book day. I didn't want something too dressy. I thought of the perfect character whose outfit would be nice and simple . If your wondering who this character is then it is no other than….*drum roll please*
…Little red riding hood :D

I will be doing an outfit kind of post on this soon so be sure to keep your eyes peeled for it.

If you dressed up for world book day, what character were you? If you didn't dress up but had the chance to then what character you would you be? Don’t forget to leave a comment and let me know :)

Lots of love'

Fatima
xx

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I am an avid bibliophile. Reading is what keeps me sane when there's so much going on. I can always snuggle up in bed & loose my mind in the story for a while. I recently finished #GIRLBOSS & Sharp Objects - loved them!
    If I could be a character from a book, I would totally be Rebecca from Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm.

    Noor | Noor's Place

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing beats snuggling up in bed with a good old book - although I must admit I haven't done that in a while! I will defo check them books out seeing as you loved them so thanks for letting me know :D
      I've actually never read Sunnybrook Farm :O but I just googled it and the character looks super cute to dress up as <3

      Delete
  2. I used to love World Book Day because I love to dress up. Although the only character I remember dressing up as is Lyndsey from The Sleepover Club books which I loved because 1) we had the same name, and 2) I was able to go into school still in my pajamas and it was classed as dressing up!

    Lyndsey | articletwentythree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG I remember them! I used to love reading The Sleepover Club books <3 They were awesome. Ahhhh, that's a good one! You can't beat dressing up in PJ'S because you don't have to spend time getting ready in the morning and your definitely guaranteed to be cosy all day.
      You really do get the best of both with that one! <3 xx

      Delete

Popular Posts

Subscribe